Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So proud

It was a beautiful day in Chicago today, but at least 20 degrees too cold. It was in the 50's with a bitter wind. We did get out to the park this morning, but stayed in this afternoon. It's crazy how 50 seemed so warm in March, but seems so cold now.

We tried an idea for DIY mini-white boards today (CD case) via Quirky Momma. They worked out great. I had these window crayons that I bought for the boys last Christmas before I realized that it wasn't such a good idea for Waylon to think that anything other than paper is fair game for coloring. We've had a few colored walls just this past week as it is. But, they work great with the mini whiteboard. Byron and Waylon both loved them. I did have to end the coloring when Waylon couldn't keep the crayons out of his mouth.

Anywho, Byron loved coloring the animals, but I had the idea that it would be a good way for him to practice his letters. We're slowly starting to introduce some basic writing using Handwriting without Tears. We are not very consistent with it right now. I typed up some word docs with light gray F's and L's which he can trace and put them in the CD case. He was so proud that he wrote these letters on his own.
It wipes off really easy using just a wet paper towel. He could even do it on his own. I think he enjoyed the erasing just as much as the writing, I know Waylon did. I'll let you know how getting the crayons out of the clothes goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment