Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bread #2, Irish Soda Bread

Tried my second bread recipe of the week. I feel like making bread this week. Which is kind of weird since I really haven't made much bread before. It's an irish Soda Bread recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, the Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon. Is that a name or what. It was easy to put together, made the house smell like heaven while cooking, and was very tasty. Well, I don't think Aaron liked it the best but he's not big on raisins.

Ta da...
By far, the prettiest bread I ever made. I felt pretty proud about this one.

We had a pretty rough night last night. This guy....is teething or something. Who knows!! I can't wait till he can talk. He was up a ton. Neither Aaron or I got much sleep. I ended up sleeping with him on the couch out of desperation. I really don't like doing that. I'm kind of a stickler about sleeping habits. I really try to keep the boys in their beds at all times, but I just gave up. Live to fight another day I guess. I'm praying to all sleeping gods tonight for a good nights sleep.

Thankfully, had a great day out at Maggie's house. The boys and I had a great time. Good friends and good times.

1 comment:

  1. So...how come you didn't make me any bread when I visited? Oh, yeah, we were sick for most of the week. Bland diets are a real great way to lose weight. You would have thought I went to the Biggest Loser camp for the week. I'm counting on homemade bread next time I visit!

    ReplyDelete