Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ouch!

Waylon's head had an encounter with Pamela's coffee table today.


Poor guy, the coffee table was fine for those of you who were wondering.

Thank goodness for the conveniences of the internet and iphones. I had no idea if I should head to the ER or not. He has a cut about 3/4" long right above the crease on his left eyelid. It bled quite a bit in the beginning, but quickly stopped. Thank goodness we know a good MD. We called Aaron and Pamela took a pic of Way-baby's eye with her phone (won't post here, may be too graphic for those not steel stomached). The verdict was to wait and see what it looked like after some antibiotic ointment, gauze, band-aid, and a nap.

The poor guy took it like a champ. He is really a bruiser. All is fine now as evidenced by the dancing with brother in mom's boots.


...and strolling across mom's new rug.

I think I feel more disturbed by the whole thing than he does. I followed him around all afternoon trying to project a maternal force field of protection around him. I don't think I could deal with anymore drama. He probably thought, "Mom, what is UP?? Let a baby be." I'm off for some Twilight therapy.

1 comment:

  1. That poor boy! He is a mass of bumps and bruises. Aw, to be a toddler!

    ReplyDelete