Saturday, December 19, 2009

I (heart) Loveland

I love Loveland! We went skiing (boarding actually) there on Saturday. It was so great. I always forget how much I love snowboarding until I'm on the mountain. It is just a fantastic sport. A little exhileration and the great outdoors is a perfect combination. It's great now because both Aaron and I are proficient enough that we don't expend all our energy picking ourselves up from fall after fall anymore.



On top of the mountain, all covered with snow....

We headed up to Loveland from Fort Morgan in mom's little red Jetta (Thanks Mom!). We left (gasp!) the boys at home with Nana Renee and Papa Ken. For those of you not in CO, Loveland is a ski resort right at the continental divide. It is gorgeous up there. Mountains all around, evergreens and everything covered in snow.

We met Pete around 9:30 and were on the slopes by 10. No one really had any crashes, except for getting off the lift. The Pederson's are lift departing challenged (excepting Pete). I don't know what it is. I do fine going down the slope, but put a lift in front of me and I just fall down. I almost just stayed on the lift the first time up, but finally got going with a little push in the rear with the seat of the lift and then a little jump. It was kind of fancy if I do say so myself.

We all had a wonderful time. It was pretty cold, but the snow was good. We were worried the conditions wouldn't be that great since CO hasn't had a ton of snow so far. One of the best parts of the trip was the Jetta's heated seats on the say home. Love the warm buns.

Look ma, no kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment