Sunday, December 5, 2010

Milestones

Waylon hit a big milestone this weekend. He stopped sleeping in his crib! He's actually only done this twice so far. We went out Saturday afternoon and picked up a twin bed and some very cool Toy Story sheets and blankies for him. Waylon was asking for Buzz even before we hit the store. That kid doesn't have a huge vocabulary yet, but he sure knows what we're talking about.

Aaron disassembled the crib and moved it over to the nursery and then set up his new bed. The boys room now looks like this..Ready for bed...
The first night went pretty well. Much better than I expected, actually. He got up once right after we put him down and then cried out a couple times between 8 and 1, but settled down on his own. At 1 he really woke up and went over to Byron's bed. Byron told me he wanted to get in bed with him but he said no. I went in at that point and put him back to bed. Way kept saying "no nap" but settled down pretty quickly. That was it, until 5:20 this morning. He's been getting up really early since we got back from Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that will change soon. I do not function well before 6 am.

The nap today went really well. We'll see what tonight brings. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Waylon! My gosh, he's so big now :-) Can't believe that crib will soon hold a THIRD baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee! so cute! go, Waylon!
    this post makes me giggle b/c I was thinking BYRON and then realized, wait, duh, we're talking about Waylon. All because Georgia's dragging her feet about the bed thing, which is fine by me, I guess. ; )

    ReplyDelete