Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Looking to expand the family

Aaron and I have wanted another dog for quite a while now. However, when we lived in Chicago, we didn't think we had the room for two dogs. Now we do! We've started looking around. We went to the humane shelter last weekend and I've been trolling the rescue dogs. This is our current favorite so far:
She has a really sweet disposition. She's a hound/lab mix. We'll see if it works out. I honestly don't know if we'll qualify. Their application for adoption is ridiculous. We had to write down the name and number of someone (not a relative) who could take care of the dog if we could not. Thankfully, one of the nurses knows someone really close to us that babysits and pet sits. I feel like we could adopt a kid with less trouble, although not less money I'm sure. I'll keep you posted.

We've been running around per usual. Byron started his second session of swim classes this week. He's the youngest in this one, which I kind of like. He gets pushed to do more a little that way. He's so comfortable in the water. He's floating on his back, with assistance, but very relaxed and flat in the water, dunking himself constantly and jumping in with abandon. He did get pushed in today. He wasn't very happy about that but rallied and did one more jump to end the day. I didn't want him to end on a bad note.

We also checked out where Byron will be attending preschool. It's exciting and scary (for me) at the same time. He starts just after Labor Day.

It's been hot hot hot here. We pretty much stay inside during the afternoon. The mosquitoes are really out in the evening too. That pretty much limits our outdoor time to the pool and beach right now. That's ok with me though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment