Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Edie Lynn

is here! She was born 1/25/11 at 4:21 am, weighed 7 lb 13 oz and was 19.5 inches long. It was a really smooth delivery. I think it went as well as a baby being born can go. I've heard about labors like that, but I didn't really believe they existed. Now I do!

I had some contractions Monday on and off since about noon. About 5 pm they became more regular (I think going on a walk and pushing both the boys around in the jogging stroller helped move things along), by 11 pm they were getting pretty close together and intense, so Aaron and I headed to the hospital. I got my epidural (thank you god for inventing anesthesiologists!!), took a nap, and she was here. It was crazy. The labor went so fast. Aaron and I were both thinking it would be sometime Tuesday afternoon or evening when she appeared, but she was in a hurry! It was one of those situations where they told me NOT to push so that the OB could get there. It was so exciting. The OB just held her up and we saw that she was a girl right away. I was so sure it was going to be another boy. It's really fun having another female in the house. It's pink land around here now.

We left the hospital Wednesday morning. I don't sleep very well in the hospital (my bed made sounds like a 747 taking off), and it felt great to get home. The boys have been great with her. Waylon is in love and giving kisses left and right. He has been very interested in her and loves to help out. He even tried to help me feed her. Byron's been interested, but not to the same degree. He has had a harder time with the new addition. He's great towards her, but has been a grump and 1/2. He and Waylon have also been fighting like crazy. Yesterday, Byron went and spent most of the day Friday with one of his friends from school. That really helped. He just seems so tired, but won't nap and isn't sleeping the best. Both boys have been up several times a night and getting up super early.

Update: I originally wrote the above post last Friday, but then got laid low with a bout of Mastitis. I'm on antibiotics now, and feeling great. I'm glad to report that Byron's grumpiness is abating also. Pete and Caroline made it in on Saturday night and we've been enjoying having everyone around. All this help is great and Aaron's been getting some landscaping done at the same time. Edie is doing great. She's had one semi rough night but has also had many great ones. She sleeps pretty well after 11-12pm. My little night owl.

Here's some pics!

Very last picture of me as a pregnant lady FOREVER...
Just arrived...
The Pederson girls...Sleeping beauty...
Happy expanded family (we are never going to have a picture of all of us looking at the camera at the same time again)...Meeting bigger brother...
and biggest brother....Proud Papa...
and Nana...
Getting ready to go home...Home!!!
Just hanging ...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! She is beautiful! Congratulations a thousand times over. And I love the name -- our June was nearly an Edie at one point. We must be on the same wavelength or something, because as you may know, Waylon was one of our top choice boys' names.
    So great. Glad to hear the labor and delivery went smoothly! I know you would've been thrilled either way, but as a mom of 2 girls I have to say: yea for girls! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete