Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nursery is ready!!

Happy new year!! I hope you all had a nice New Year's weekend. We didn't really do anything, but had a good time anyway. We rented Toy Story 3 for the boys. That was a great movie, it actually made me cry. Not that it's that hard to do in the first place, but still. The weather was great, except for some rain today, so we spent most of it outside.

The party animals..
Today I took the boys to Target and got the last couple million things we needed for the baby. The nursery is now fully stocked. We have diapers, wipes, towels, washcloth's, swaddle blankets, a monitor and a noise machine. It was really fun. The boys were actually pretty good and both picked out a little toy for the baby.

Here's what the nursery looks like now (the bassinet will go in our room for the first couple weeks)...
Curtains and babies quilt made by Nana Nae
Changing station...
Supplies stocked (can't believe how small those diapers are)...The boys are handling the upcoming arrival pretty well. Byron even seems excited, while Waylon is more oblivious. Byron even offered to give Etta to the baby when he's older and doesn't need it anymore. Waylon is saying a couple of the names we have picked out. That's pretty cute. I have a feeling that Waylon will have some adjustment issues in the beginning. He hasn't had to share me too much.

I'm starting to get really excited about the baby coming too. I'm at the point now (37 weeks today) to where I have good days and bad days. It gets really tiring carrying around all this extra weight. I just can't wait to find out whether we will have a girl or boy. Now that I have everything ready to go, we'll probably be waiting for 4 more weeks. Aaron's determined that I'm going to go early, that would be great. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment