Saturday, May 22, 2010

T minus 29 days and counting

That is how long we have left in Chicago. Crazy. Doesn't seem all that long now. We close on the house next Friday, so everything is progressing. Here's some moving related updates.

We sold our Camry this weekend. It was an amazingly easy process. We sold it over Craigs list and sold it to the 2nd guy who came to see it. I was a little sad to see it go. It was a great car for us. However, having it gone simplifies things for the move. We really didn't want a car without air conditioning in Savannah.

We also met with a guy this week to go over some life, disability and health insurance options. Since Aaron's group has a contract with the hospital, rather than working for the hospital, it's just like they're a small business. That means we have to find all that stuff ourselves. We both had a major headache after that meeting. I think we know what we want now though. It was so overwhelming to think about all at once.

So, now we're home bound (without a second car) but that's probably good. All (ALL???) we need to do now is pack. I spent the boys nap this afternoon tackling the basement. Scary!! I didn't realize how many boxes of stuff from my childhood I have to move. Oops. I'll sort it all out in Savannah. I'm probably 1/2 done with getting everything ready down there. We are going to have some massive trips to the Salvation Army in our future. Anyone need an old scanner? How about an old well used umbrella stroller with wheels that stick?

How did we get so much stuff??

No comments:

Post a Comment