Thursday, February 4, 2010

Book-tastrophe


This is what happens to a book when water is dripped ALL OVER it. Over each page even. The pages themselves were ok, just not attached to the book anymore.

I wish I could say I was doing something worthwhile or mom-like while this happened. Nope, I was checking my email. Always beware of maniacal laughing when your attention is diverted. I thought the water bottle was a good idea. Byron seems to old for a sippy cup anymore. Maybe not.

We made a trip to the library this afternoon to apologize to the librarian (and bribe with a check). I also made Byron take back all his library books and didn't let him get any new ones. Grounded from library books for the next week. I'm such a mean mom. He did say sorry when he gave the book back and then burst into tears. Ah, kids.

Had 2 exciting things happen today though. First, we got our tickets to go to Savannah in March. The bad thing was that I bought 2 sets. Oops. Currently on hold with united trying to get one refunded. I am nothing if not the world (or maybe Logan Square's) best multitasker. This is the second time I've attempted this. The first time I was talking to the customer service lady, after waiting bout 20 min, and then went to help Waylon and inadvertently hung up the phone. Oops again. Maybe I'm a good multitasker since I have to repeat so many of my actions time and time again.

Aha! Just talked to them. Problem solved.

Second thing... Aaron got tickets to the Opera (for me)!!! What a great husband. I'm so so so very excited. I'm an opera virgin. I am really glad I won't be when I leave Chicago. It's for Figaro. Figaro, Figaro, Figaro, Figarooooooo.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! The book thing. And the opera? I am looking forward to your review. I've never been either!

    ReplyDelete