Thursday, December 8, 2011

The end of an era?



Waylon is finally doing really well with potty training.  We started wearing undies and pull ups last April, so it has been a long, dirty road.  Many times this last summer I remember having to (it was necessary to keep me sane.) go run at the Y and screaming "I hate poop" in my head as I was pounding out my frustrations on the treadmill.  Most days, we are able to spend the day in undies now.  We still have some situations where the undies don't make it through the day, but he's getting much much better.  He has actually started telling us when he needs to go which is a huge accomplishment in my book.  A lot of times, he gets "that look" on his face or says he has to go and then says, "Oh, I just tooted".  So hard not to laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, I feel you. After getting A trained by 20 months, I was so sure V would be no problem. He will be 4 in January and STILL won't poop on the potty! sigh. He is now reliably telling us when he has to pee (except the 1st week of baby Z being home, but luckily that passed quickly). He still hides in his room when he has to go #2! I've been trying to get him to at least hide in the bathroom but no dice. He's been telling us he has to go the last few weeks but still holds it in till he's not in the bathroom. Hopefully he'll be trained before baby Z is! =)

    ReplyDelete