Monday, March 7, 2011

The Pox

Poor Edie is having her first experience with acne, surely not her last. It started on her forehead, moved around to the right side of her face yesterday and attacked her left side today. Poor thing. At least it's temporary. She has a good 12-14 (Aaron and I were both late bloomers) years before she has to worry about it again. She also has some male pattern hair loss. It has resulted in a pretty cool mohawk.
Alas, she has more fuzz coming in already (although Aaron claims not to see it yet). I swear I'm not imagining it!

Despite the challenges of being an infant, she's still pretty happy and easy. I think she's still pretty cute too...
We are on our own again. Pete and Caroline left early Saturday morning. We took it really easy this weekend. Aaron recuperated (broke his hand Wednesday evening chasing our crazy dog, Laya) and I actually cooked for the first time post-Edie. I made my favorite veggie stew. It makes a ton and is a good bang for your buck.

The boys were excited to get Megamind (best pixar movie yet) and new water bottles. Love it when they get so excited about something so simple. Waylon getting a refill...We don't have much planned until the end of the month (grandparents coming out to visit). I'm just wrangling the kids and Aaron's studying for his boards (in-between wrangling the kids and working). We're trying to find our new normal (Post-Edie).

1 comment: