Thursday, September 30, 2010

Packing

Ugh. I hate it. But, I do have most of the boys stuff packed. And... Aaron found our coats. Yay!! They were in the garage. We (by this I mean Aaron, I just picked it up minutes before they closed) also were able to get Byron's immunization forms all sorted out for school at the last minute. So, we are (almost) all ready to go.

On another note, had another soccer practice tonight. I had to bribe Byron with ice cream to go. He cried for the first 15-20 minutes. However, he turned around while they were getting their team picture taken, and then it was pretty smooth sailing. The coach tried some reverse psychology like, "Do I see a smile? No, don't smile!!!"

Some of the great parenting moments from tonight....

"If you keep crying, Waylon and I will leave and play at the park until you are done."

"No crying, keep trying."

"It's your choice weather you cry the next hour or try and maybe have some fun."

"Do you want a time out? Then, stop crying and kick the ball."

I felt like SUCH a mean mom. However, he said he had fun at the end. We'll keep trying.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know they'd never try half the things in life that they will eventually love if we mean moms don't force it. I'd do the same thing. In fact, I'm sure I will be doing the same thing very soon :-)

    ReplyDelete