Thursday, June 17, 2010

Final countdown

This is it! Only 2 more days in Chicago, well, 2 full days and a 1/2 day left.

Most of the apartment is packed up now. I still have the kitchen to do tomorrow, plus some last minute things, like the computer. The boys have been great. They're been really good at playing together while I pack. They even help periodically.

It's been a good week. We've spent lots of time with friends, saying final goodbyes. I even got to go out for dinner and dessert with Maggie this week. It's also been sad. I don't like good byes. Who does?

I am very excited for the next week. I kind of wish Sunday and Monday, the traveling and actual moving days would just pass us by without me really being conscious. I did run to Target last night and got all kinds of goodies for the boys on Monday. That was really fun. It will be a 11 hr trip from Pete and Caroline's place in Murphysboro to our place Savannah. Thank goodness Caroline will be making the trip with me. We're just planning lots of breaks. I think Byron will be fine, he's a seasoned traveler, but Waylon still has a hard time sitting still for longer periods.

My next post will probably be from sunny and HOT Savannah! We won't have computer access for a couple days, but I'll try to post when I can.

Bye Chicago!! You've been great to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment